Sorry for the late post, I got really sick over the week-end and still have a massive lump in my throat and a bit of a cold.
I actually was really looking forward to Veganista (an amazing vegan ice-cream shop in Vienna) because of their pumpkin spiced ice-cream but I guess that sadly has to wait. Has anybody tried it yet?
A week ago I made a sweet potato soup from the Nr.2 Deli of 2013, a great food magazine for only 3,3€, and the soup was so good!
Here is the original picture which is a lot more intriguing.
The recipe is for four people and takes about 40 min.
Here is the translated recipe:
(I sheepishly substituted the meat for shrimps to reduce the cooking time as I was super hungry aaand lemons instead of limes because I was too lazy to go shopping.)
- 350g neck of pork
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tsp starch
- 700g sweet potatos, peeled
- 2 bio limes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red chili
- 250ml coconut milk
- 750ml of chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp of oil
- and coriander (which I gladly left out)
Step 1) Cut the meat in very thin stripes and marinate the meat at least 15 min. in the mixture of the soy sauce, 1/2 Tsp sugar and starch.
2) In the meantime dice the sweet potatoes into 1cm pieces. Zest both the limes and cut out their flesh after zesting, carefully removing all of the white parts.
3) Melt the butter in a pot and add the sweet potatoes, lime chunks and onions, sauté them on medium heat for 4-5 min. Add the chili and both coconut milk and stock. Season it with salt and let it cook for 20min with the lid on top.
4) Preheat the pan and add oil, then add the marinated meat and cook it crispy, takes about 10 min.
5) Purée the soup with an electric blender and season it after your liking with sugar, salt and pepper or some more chili. Put the lime zest on the meat and serve the soup with the meat on top plus coriander.
And you are done. Pretty easy and tasty soup, perfect for Autumn!